Ministry of Love

The intention of this blog is to share Biblical messages at least on a weekly basis. Any response is appreciated. I do not expect everyone to agree with my interpretation of Biblical passages. I will try to respond with love and thoughtfulness.

Monday, February 07, 2005

Potential Power 2 Corinthians 5:20 by John

POTENTIAL POWER

I have never lived up to my potential, I thought while watching water for tea coming to a boil. I felt helpless in a world full of overpowering people and events.

The water boiled, and I observed that power is released when water boils. Contained and directed, it moves long trains with great loads over high mountain passes. People are a lot like water. Alone we are powerless, but Christians are never alone! Jesus is with us, and we are His ambassadors! We may feel powerless, but feelings deceive. His power is waiting whether we feel it or not. He is our strength!

“Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were entreating through us; we beg you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.” II Corinthians 5: 20 (NAS)

Like water, we need to be spiritually heated to boiling. Our lives need to be contained and directed by his love into useful service. God’s Holy Spirit is just waiting for us to let Him do it all! Then as Christ’s ambassadors, we can deliver His message with powerful authority, “Be reconciled to God!”

I prayed, “I love you, Lord. I commit my life to you. Control me, and direct me by your love as I represent You to the people of this world!”

The Power that created the universe dwells and works in every Christian! Join Jesus in His work, and let Him fill your life with meaning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home