Ministry of Love

The intention of this blog is to share Biblical messages at least on a weekly basis. Any response is appreciated. I do not expect everyone to agree with my interpretation of Biblical passages. I will try to respond with love and thoughtfulness.

Sunday, August 09, 2009

Musings: 08/09/09, Dangerous Ground, by John.

Dangerous Ground

Two of the things I've learned about God across the years are: First, I can't protect Him. It's natural for new Christians to want to protect God. The problem for us is, it makes about as much sense as a minnow trying to protect the ocean. That leads to the second thing I learned. God does not need my protection. He is almighty and invincible. He is always present everywhere. He is loving. He knows everything, past, present, future. He is eternal. There is not a single area in which He needs anyone's protection.

I'm not an expert on God's will, so what follows are my assumptions based on my own experiences. I've learned it's God Who does the protecting. We can't protect God, but we really can't protect ourselves either. God can and does protect us. He set into motion creation laws, (We call them "natural"), and He doesn't usually set them aside for us. He does on occasion when it accomplishes His will, such as taking away Saul's sight and later returning it.

Personally, I believe Allah is the Arabic name for God just as YHWH (Yahweh) is the Hebrew name for God. "God" is the English name for the only God there is. We Americans certainly do not have a corner on Christianity or God. We are just thankful He allows us to have a relationship with Him just like people in other nations do.

My reason for musing about these things comes from notes from a person who considers Christ to be false, a concocted idea of Christians. He believes, or so he maintains, in One God, and he has no concept of trinity, or "tri-unity," God in three personalities. He thinks I am wrong, and I believe he is wrong. I don't hold it against him that he thinks there is no hope for me since I don't agree with him.

As far as I am concerned, the subjectit is not worth arguing when the Bible speaks specifically about it. I'm not a judge, but rather a witness. Genesis 1:1 says, "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." Verse 2 says, "The Spirit of God was hovering over the waters." Verse 3 says, "God said...." In those three verses are the essence of the Trinity, God, Spirit, and Word. We believe in One God Who reveals Himself to us as triune.

As I indicated earlier, it is not our job to condemn others who do not believe as we do, but as witnesses, it is our task to state the truth as we see it to be. We believe the Bible is God's written Word. II Peter 1:20,21 says, "Above all you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet's own interpretation. For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit." I Timothy 3: 16,17 says, "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." When I John 2:23 says, "No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also." I accept that as truth. I believe to deny the Son is dangerous ground upon which to make a life stand, and I say that without malice. In fact, I say it attempting to love my neighbor as myself. If I did not believe in Jesus as my Savior and Lord, I would want someone to tell me I was wrong! Someone did in 1945, and he did it in a most loving and kind way. That testimony by Myron Hayter (pronounced High-ter) changed my life forever! And I will be forever grateful that I am now on solid ground spiritually! With the joy I have in Jesus, I also have grief for those who refuse Him, and if you are one of those, I urge you to read the accounts in the Bible of Jesus, Who He is, and what He cam to do and accomplished. I believe you will be filled with the same joy and peace I have. It's His free gift to all who put their trust in Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home